(ISC)² introduced the honorees of its 2021 (ISC)² World Achievement Awards, which acknowledge and rejoice probably the most excellent annual and lifelong achievements within the subject of cybersecurity.
“Cybersecurity professionals reveal resilience, agility and brilliance daily,” stated Clar Rosso, CEO, (ISC)². “Whether or not they’ve been working within the trade for a lifetime or a pair years, we wish to take the time to honor people for his or her dedication to the occupation, the workforce and making the cyber world safer for all. We sit up for honoring this yr’s World Achievement Award recipients at our (ISC)² Safety Congress in October.”
(ISC)² World Achievement Awards
The World Achievement Awards acknowledges people who’ve made excellent contributions to cybersecurity and data safety and who’ve made a distinction on this ever-evolving trade, honoring tireless efforts and requirements of excellence. Honorees have been nominated by certified colleagues, mentors and friends.
The (ISC)² Senior Skilled Award acknowledges a person who has considerably contributed to the enhancement of the knowledge safety workforce by demonstrating a management function in an data safety workforce enchancment initiative, program or undertaking:
- Americas: Marouane Balmakhtar, CISSP, principal know-how strategist, T-Cellular, for his management on T-Cellular’s 5G Cybersecurity and Safety Consciousness initiative, which focuses on making use of new and improved safety practices to mitigate 5G community dangers and intensive analysis on 5G architectural modifications and subsequent assault vectors.
- Asia-Pacific: Dr. InJung Kim, senior researcher, The Affiliated Institute of Electronics and Telecommunications Analysis Institute (ETRI), who created Korea’s cybersecurity know-how roadmap, advancing its broader technological motion whereas holding its crucial belongings safe.
- EMEA: Soney Paul Bahanan, data safety supervisor, NMC Healthcare, for growing the Abu Dhabi Well being Info Cyber Safety Customary (ADHICS) on behalf of the Abu Dhabi Division of Well being. The Customary prepares and allows the nation’s well being sector to uphold privateness and safety, complementing the federal government’s Well being Info Alternate (HIE) initiatives to boost safety and public belief.
The (ISC)² Mid-Profession Skilled Award acknowledges a person who’s on the mid-career stage and has demonstrated dedication and achievement in managing or implementing an important element of a cyber, data, software program, infrastructure program/undertaking:
- Americas: Diondria Holliman, CISSP, IT cybersecurity analyst, Medtronic, for her profitable implementation of Medtronic’s USB Block program, which spans throughout 95,000+ staff positioned in 160+ international locations worldwide, to stop information exfiltration. As well as, because the pandemic unfold, she was instrumental in orchestrating safe code signing of ventilator software program to help Medtronic’s efforts to open-source its ventilator design to hurry up the manufacturing of the life-saving equipment.
- Asia-Pacific: Neha Malhotra, CISSP, CCSP, vp, cybersecurity assault floor administration, Credit score Suisse, for her management executing a worldwide initiative to optimize vulnerability administration and safe configuration baseline normal violation processes. These initiatives impression the complete financial institution infrastructure, purposes and 1000’s of staff, serving to handle assault surfaces, scale back dangers and handle KRIs, along with making certain MAS 655 Discover compliance.
The (ISC)² Rising Star Skilled Award acknowledges the accomplishments and contributions of an up-and-coming skilled who has made a major impression within the data safety trade early of their profession.
- Americas: Kathryn M. Murphy, cybersecurity engineer, MSAG, for her instrumental function within the U.S. Division of Protection initiative, Comply to Join (C2C), which ensures all gadgets connected to the Division of Protection Info Community (DODIN) are recognized, authenticated and managed.
- EMEA: Alexander Kuehl, CISSP-ISSMP, CAP, SSCP, data safety professional, Kuehne + Nagel Worldwide AG, for his success in promoting a major factor of Kuehne + Nagel’s U.Ok. contract logistics portfolio to XPO Logistics.
The (ISC)² Authorities Skilled Award
- Americas: Erica M. Mitchell, CISSP, crucial infrastructure key sources workforce lead for the U.S. Military Cyber Institute, for the event of The Jack Voltaic Cyber Analysis Challenge, a bottom-up method to crucial infrastructure resilience. Cities and municipalities nationwide use the repeatable framework to organize, stop and reply to crucial infrastructure cyberattacks. The findings and proposals are shared with the navy, federal businesses and policymakers to affect future laws, insurance policies and requirements.
- Asia-Pacific: GP CAPT Amorn Chomchoey, CISSP, performing deputy secretary basic, Nationwide Cyber Safety Company of Thailand, for his gamification method to bettering the safety skillset of the Royal Thai Air Drive and different protection providers. The annual competitors has grown from three groups in 2014 to over 60 groups from all Royal Thai Air Drive models.
- EMEA: Angella Tugume, CISSP, threat analyst, Nationwide Info Expertise Authority – Uganda, for her management implementing the Nationwide Info Safety Framework throughout 20 authorities businesses, which concerned conducting particular person assessments, growing custom-made roadmaps for every to information their operational implementations to realize compliance, and organizing cybersecurity threat coaching classes.
The (ISC)² F. Lynn McNulty Tribute Award acknowledges a person for his or her excellent dedication, service and dedication to the federal government data safety workforce or strengthening the nation’s data sources and infrastructure safety posture. This yr’s recipient is Kelvin Coleman for his management in launching Cybersecurity Consciousness Month, a joint effort by the Nationwide Cyber Safety Alliance (NCSA) and U.S. Division of Homeland Safety established in October 2004. Participation has grown yearly to assist residents shield related gadgets at residence and work.
(ISC)² Board Awards
The Board Awards acknowledge excellent contributions and achievements within the subject of cybersecurity over the course of a profession. The next award recipients have been hand-selected by the (ISC)² Board of Administrators.
The (ISC)² Harold F. Tipton Lifetime Achievement Award is the best tribute bestowed within the data safety trade, recognizing members for his or her lifelong contributions to the development of the trade and occupation. This yr’s recipient is Wealthy Owen, Jr., CISSP, CEO, Johnny Safety Seed, LLC. As one of many early pioneers of the knowledge safety trade, Owen created quite a few high quality safety packages and suggested others on growing and bettering their packages.
Owen constructed NASA’s Johnson House Heart safety program from the bottom up, which was one of many first packages to outline safety as defending confidentiality, integrity and availability. He additionally pioneered the early use of risk-based choices to guard data, for which he was acknowledged by the NASA Administrator.
The Fellow of (ISC)² Award was established to honor and distinguish an elite data safety skilled who has made excellent contributions all through their profession to the knowledge safety occupation. This yr’s distinction is posthumously awarded to Dan Kaminsky, a high safety researcher finest identified for locating a basic flaw within the DNS system, incomes him the title of “web safety savior” and “a digital Paul Revere.” Kaminsky was additionally acknowledged for holding himself and his groups to a excessive moral normal, serving as a mannequin for accountable vulnerability disclosure.
The (ISC)² Variety Award honors people who signify the core values of (ISC)² via vital contributions in driving a extra various workforce within the cybersecurity group. This yr’s recipients are:
- Americas: Julian Waits, GM, cybersecurity, Devo Applied sciences, for his devotion to mentoring younger minority cybersecurity professionals and supporting their profession progress trajectory by offering free or closely discounted coaching and certification alternatives, in addition to greater than 10 money and coaching scholarships.
- Asia-Pacific: Neha Malhotra, CISSP, CCSP, vp, cybersecurity assault floor administration, Credit score Suisse, for her advocacy work mentoring and serving as a profession advisor for girls in cybersecurity.
(ISC)² CEO Award
The (ISC)² CEO Award acknowledges members who’ve considerably impacted the cybersecurity group by contributing to (ISC)² via devoted and distinctive volunteer efforts. Nominations are made solely by (ISC)² Board members and govt workers.
The recipient of this yr’s (ISC)² CEO Award is Meg West, CISSP, cybersecurity incident responder, IBM X-Force, for her dedication to empowering a extra various set of candidates to pursue a profession in cybersecurity and mentoring girls and other people of coloration via her social media platforms.
The Heart for Cyber Security and Training Awards
The Heart for Cyber Security and Training (Heart), previously (ISC)² Basis, is a nonprofit charitable belief dedicated to creating the cyber world a safer place for everybody. These awards honor organizations and people for his or her steadfast dedication to advancing The Heart’s mission.
- The Heart for Cyber Security and Training Accomplice of the 12 months Award acknowledges a corporation whose staff/members donate their time, expertise and treasure to assist and advance the Heart’s mission. The excellence is awarded to CAPA8 for the corporate’s management in translating the Garfield’s Cyber Security Adventures program into Spanish.
- The Heart for Cyber Security and Training Julie Peeler Franz “Do It for The Youngsters” Volunteer Award acknowledges a person who has considerably contributed to the betterment of web security. This yr’s distinction is awarded to Roela Santos of Virginia for her long-time assist of Heart packages and management in growing each the Raytheon and SAIC (previously Engility) scholarships, which awarded $424,000 to 56 college students over the previous six years.
(ISC)² Chapter Recognition Awards
The Regional (ISC)² Chapter Recognition Awards are offered to an official chapter of (ISC)² inside a selected area that finest promotes the imaginative and prescient of (ISC)² by inspiring a secure and safe cyber world. The chapter should reveal a well-rounded providing of actions and providers designed to profit its members and associates, whereas making a major contribution to the occupation and area people. This yr’s recipients in every area are:
- Asia-Pacific – Singapore Chapter – The chapter continues to realize notoriety by growing partnerships with native colleges and organizations to conduct profession talks and provoking the following era via its profitable mentorship program. The chapter additionally renewed its partnership with the Affiliation of Info Safety Professionals, which is able to allow chapter members to community and collaborate professionally with different cybersecurity organizations.
- EMEA – Nigeria Chapter – As one of the lively chapters in EMEA, the chapter is dedicated to offering chapter members with steady studying alternatives and sources to remain forward of the curve and educate area people members on how one can keep cyber secure. Its occasions embody a number of panel discussions and a mini-series targeted on Cyber Safety Consciousness Month titled “Do Your Half within the New Regular, be CyberSmart.”
- Latin America – Argentina Chapter – The chapter elevated visibility by leveraging social media and facilitated membership progress following the success of CyberSec Talks, a regional digital convention hosted by Argentina and 5 different LATAM chapters. Greater than 700 folks from over 20 international locations registered to attend the two-day occasion targeted on connecting members, educating the general public and provoking future leaders.
- North America – Lengthy Island New York Chapter – Since receiving its official constitution in 2019, the chapter constructed a powerful basis that shortly tailored to the distant atmosphere caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The chapter hosted digital conferences whereas rising attendance – offering each academic classes and networking alternatives for members. The chapter constructed robust relationships with native firms and organizations, proving that even new chapters have the power to encourage and join the local people and encourage a secure and safe cyber world.